Hello everyone! I am super excited to be here with you today!! I absolutely love Whitney and Alish's blog. They are so talented and have inspired me to do so much!
Let me introduce myself, I'm Kaysi
from Keeping It Simple.
Here are a few things about me:
I am the mother of three boys, ages 5, 3 and 1
I have been married to this hottie and amazing man for 6 years
I love chocolate!!
I love color, green is my favorite but brown and blue are up there
I like to keep things simple, not overdo them
When I get a spare moment, I love to craft or look at crafts
I enjoy singing and dancing
I love coupons and clip them regularly to get some awesome deals
Each day of the week, I have something different.
Motivate me Monday, that's where I have link party and you get to show me all the cute things that you have done.
Tutorial Tuesday, I give a tutorial of a craft that I have done
Whatever Wednesday, this is my day that I put anything up.
Scrapbook Thursday, this is the day that I post a scrapbook idea or give a scrapbook tip
Fridays are the days that I do Blog swaps with other bloggers.
Today I thought that I would share with you a tutorial on how to make a ribbon bow tie.
1) Using a thicker ribbon, mine is 1 1/2", cut two pieces, one 8 inches, one 2 inches. You can adjust the length if you want to make one for an infant or an older boy
2) Fold the longer ribbon, so that the end meet in the middle. Over lap the ribbon about 1/4" and then sew through all three layers with a needle and thread. You will be using the needle and thread through out the whole process.
3) Take the shorter piece and fold the sides in and overlap them in the back.
4) Making sure the overlap of the ribbon is facing the bow tie, wrap around larger piece and sew the two end together.
5) Using a smaller piece of ribbon 1" or less, measure the neck (with a collar shirt on) . I sewed the ribbon onto the bow tie. Sew velcro on both sides of the ribbon.
Here's my little guy in it. Wouldn't these look great for Easter!
You should stop on by and see what else I have!
Thanks Sisters for doing this blog swap with me, I truly enjoy your blog!
Thanks Kaysi! We love getting to know other bloggers!