Saturday, February 13, 2010

Southwest Egg Rolls


I cannot remember where I got this recipe, but it is a copy cat from Chili's. I have never actually had the Chili's Southwest Egg Rolls, so I don't know if these even taste anything like the original. All I know is that my family enjoys this meal. I have not made the avocado-ranch dipping sauce before. We like to dip ours in salsa instead.

1 chicken breast fillet, diced
½ red bell pepper, minced
2 tsp dry onion
1 can corn
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 small can green chilies
½ T parsley
½ t cumin
½ t salt
Dash cayenne pepper

1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
Flour Tortillas

Avocado-ranch dipping sauce:
1 c. ranch
1 whole avocado, mashed
1 tsp. minced onion
Salt & pepper
Blend together with blender

Cook chicken and dice. In large bowl mix all ingredients together. Sauté all ingredients until warm. Remove from heat and add shredded cheese. Warm tortillas. Place ½ c. or so of mixture inside a tortilla. Fold completely together so mixture cannot escape. Place inside a panni grill or George Forman to grill and melt cheese. Serve with dipping sauce.

{Alish}

10 comments:

  1. your recipes are always delish!!!!
    Love your blog :)

    Connie B :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious! I will have to add those to my list of Sister Stuff recipies I have tried. They have all been great and easy so thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! We have a family recipe that we do that is called southwest wontons. We take a pound of ground turkey, a can of green chilies a handful of frozen corn and some grated cheddar cheese. Mix it up and put it in wonton wrappers, deep fry until the outside is brown and the inside is cooked. We dip them in ranch, sour cream or salsa. SO GOOD and SOOOO SIMPLE! I can't wait to try yours. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good. I've always wanted to make egg rolls but have never felt brave enough. I think I might try this recipe. Thanks girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These really are just like the ones at Chili's except they fry theirs...so this is healthier. They are SO GOOD! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because of your posting this, I know of four different families that had this last weekend. We all loved it. I am featuring it on my blog today-
    the Avocado Ranch is delish with it too! Thanks for a new family favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made this tonight and they were soooo yummy. Whole family love them. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uuuuummmm where has this recipe been all my life??!! I can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How many tortillas? I'd like to make this, but need to have an idea of how many servings one recipe will make. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just thought I would post an update. I went ahead and made this for dinner on the 14th. I was worried that it wouldn't be enough for my family so I used 2 chicken breasts instead of just the one called for in the recipe. I kept everything else the same amount. When I started filling tortillas it was clear that 1/2 cup was too much for what I had on hand so I just used 1/4 cup per tortilla. I ended up with 15 sandwiches. They were a good size too, just a bit smaller than a "Hot Pocket". We put the leftovers into a zip lock bag before putting them in the fridge. By the next afternoon all the leftovers were gone. These are so good, even yummy cold. Thanks for this recipe. Will be making this again soon.

    ReplyDelete