Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Baked Potato Soup

This is an AMAZING recipe that I got from my friend Anne Marie.



Baked Potato Soup

¼ c. butter
¼ c. chopped onion
¼ c. flour
14 oz can chicken broth
1 can evaporated milk
2 large or 3 med. Baked potatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
Bacon (optional)
Grated cheese (optional)
Green onion (optional)

Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add onion and sauté until tender. Stir in flour, and then add broth and milk. Scoop pulp from one potato and mash; add to soup. Bring to boil and then add the rest of the potatoes (scoop the pulp and cut into cubes). Top with crumbled bacon, cheese, and green onion.



10 comments:

  1. sounds way good!!! i will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you posted this recipe!!! This is the easiest and best recipe for potato soup I have ever found. I'm glad you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what we are having for dinner tonight! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I just made this for dinner. It is so good. Thanks for this recipie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep forgetting to comment, but I have made this like 3 times and it is a huge hit at my house! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried this recipe tonight, and it was Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pretty new to cooking and I was wondering if you cooked the baked potatoes before you put them into the soup? This looks DELICIOUS! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete