Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ribbon Board

I recently made this Ribbon Board for my daughter and also one for a gift. It is used to hold clips and hair bows.


Plain board- I bought mine from Lowe's. They also cut it the size you want for free there at the store.
Cover one side of the board with batting and plain white material. I cut the batting the exact same size of the board. You want your material long enough to pull around part of the back of the board. Pull the material tight and hot glued it to the back of the board. I glued one end of the ribbon to the back of the board and strung it down the front of the board. Then hot glued the other end to the back of the board. I repeated this with all the ribbons until the board was covered with ribbon.
I glued a big ribbon onto the back which will be used to hang the ribbon board up.
Cover the back so that it looks nice and neatLove the finished project!! It is so handy for organizing my daughters bows!

16 comments:

  1. I so adore this! I see all kinds of cute bow holders ones that look like tulle dresses with ribbon in them but $$$ costly. This looks simple enough for me to do, and not very costly. I love the ribbon choices you chose and its just super ubber cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen many versions of bow holders on blogs but yours is the best I've seen. It makes me wish my girls were little again. (Mine are 30 and 35, but I do have 2 grandaughters that would appreciate one of these...hmmm I might be making them each one for Christmas.

    Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to make the whole frame ribbon holder, but I think I'll try this instead! :) Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I am definitely going to have to make one or two of these! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is so fun! I love all of your ideas!! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! Thanks for the fun (cheap) idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must have one! Found your blog while blog hopping and I am in LOVE with your site. So many good ideas, can't wait to go to Michaels tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that it is so easy!! I made one this morning in no time at all :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished making this for my niece who turned one yesterday (and has a stash greater than that of me and my 3yr old daughter combined:) and am SO happy with the result! I didn't put as many ribbons on, only one every 2 inches but looks amazing. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Just made one for my daughter, perfect! Great decoration and useful at the same time! Double positive! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just made it myself. It is too cute. My sister and cousin came over and saw it they went ahead and made themselves one too. Looks great in my little girl's room. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. fine jewelrymaritim hotel mauritiusThese ideas are perfect!! We really appreciate them here in Brazil!
    Thanks for posting them and congratulations!
    Claudia Migliaccio
    SET Languages
    São Paulo
    Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of your ideas!! Thanks for sharing them.
    bulk textholidays in maldives

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog is so fun! I love all of your ideas!! Thanks for sharing them.
    best ecig 2011quid co

    ReplyDelete
  15. relatively cool and dry. Summers, lasting from May to Septemberwriting a novelToyota AC Compressor

    ReplyDelete