Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chocolate Caramel Brownies

I got this recipe from a lady named Jennifer that my husband used to work with. My husband begs me to make these. They are seriously the BEST! Every time I take them somewhere lots of people want the recipe. I usually make them the night before taking them because they need time to really set up before you cut them so that the caramel doesn't run all over.

Chocolate Carmel Brownies


1 German chocolate cake mix
1/2 c. evaporated milk
1/3 c. evaporated milk
1 cube butter=1/2 cup (melted)
1 package Kraft Caramels
6 oz chocolate chips

Melt caramels and 1/2 c. evaporated milk slowly in microwave. Microwave for 30 seconds then stir. Continue doing this until caramels are melted. Mix cake mix, 1/3 c. evaporated milk, and butter together in mixing bowl. Put 1/2 of cake mixture into 9 x 13 glass dish. (press to cover out the bottom of the pan) Bake for 6-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle chocolate chips on hot cake. Pour caramel over chocolate chips. Drop chunks of remaining cake mixture on caramel. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Regular done-ness test will not work on these because of the caramel.

Note: I sometimes leave out the chocolate chips.






3 comments:

  1. I am new to your site and am anxious to see all your wonderful ideas!
    I saw this recipe here and I have to add that it is one of my all time favorites. I make it to take to functions as well and it's always a hit.
    Shall I tell you what we call them? KNOCK YOU NAKEDS!!! Ha ha, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try this recipe but I was wondering exactly what a "cube" of butter is? I looked it up and it appears like it varies from person to person (from a half a stick to 1/4 of a stick!) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete